Tuesday, October 27, 2015

When Students Take Responsibility and Learn Leadership



What is a teacher's role as an adviser or coach in an activity when it comes to teaching leadership and responsibility?

What are some ways to get students in a club, sport, or other scholastic activity to learn responsibility and take on leadership roles?

As a teacher can this be done in the classroom or is it something that can only be done outside of school?

These are all questions that I struggle with at my school. Sometimes I think I am not doing this; instead, I am contributing to a "spoon fed" generation that is dependent on others.

I am interested in finding out what others do to try and create a more independent, responsible young person. Please post any ideas, thoughts, or things that help create these qualities.


No comments:

Post a Comment