Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Brain Breaks!

Starting last year, I have incorporated Brain Breaks into my lessons. I usually like to use these with early morning classes. What I like best is the fact that they are fun, easy to conduct, and help me to recharge. One thing I have learned is that it is a great way to gauge your class! 

Here are reasons why brain breaks are important:


  1. They get you up and moving.
  2. Your best thinking comes during a break.
  3. They engage both sides of your brain by crossing the mid-line.
  4. Your efficiency will rise.
  5. Activating your brain helps boost a positive attitude.
  6. They relieve stress.
  7. Your body and brain tension will go down.
  8. New creative ideas happen during brain breaks.
  9. Stepping back will help you to step forward.
  10. Breaks help you to enjoy the moment.


This is my favorite one! If you have a large class it is a real blast to do! Even though it seems silly, it really gets the students going and ready for the day!

 

3 comments:

  1. Have you checked out GoNoodle?? I think even HS students would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not looked at GoNoodle! I have found a bunch of activities from Energizing Brain Breaks. The activities that really stick with the kids are the weird hand shakes and counting to twenty-one via hand slapping (low fives). There is a lot of stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not looked at GoNoodle! I have found a bunch of activities from Energizing Brain Breaks. The activities that really stick with the kids are the weird hand shakes and counting to twenty-one via hand slapping (low fives). There is a lot of stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete